Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Nina Sky Is Getting Back With "Day Dreaming"

Nicole and Natalie Albino, the identical twin duo known as Nina Sky, are back with a brand new music video for their latest single "Day Dreaming," the alt-R&B lead single to duo's upcoming sophomore set "Nicole & Natalie," which is due in July and becomes their first full-length effort since their debut album eight years ago due to label mishaps. The sisters are the same person representing two sides in one relationship, but in actuality, do not. One version is real, the other is fantasy.
Produced by Beau Vallis, the trippy yet seductive slapper "Day Dreaming" is a R&B flavored mid-tempo track with electro-pop sensibilities and fantastic; imagine if mid-'00s Timbaland took his skittish, snapping production to the dreamier, moodier 2010s soundscape where something like "I'm On One" can get huge. The synths on the chorus are dead ringers for that track's hook. The theme of the bass drum and synth layers allow the proper amount space for the enticing vocals from Nicole & Natalie.
The tense, unfulfillable relationship narrative's equally welcome-lines like "I wanna make sure we meet later in my dreams, even though you're not the one laying with me" and "I close my eyes to find you, you're my little secret, whenever I decide to, that's the way we'll keep it" will resonate for somebody, and the video's equally tense. One moment you're hopping subway turnstiles and clasping hands on the sidewalk; the next, you're nothing to one another. You don't even have to have a twin for it to happen, and either way, there's not going to be a resolution.
The Adam Sauermilch-directed clip is an absolutely stellar take on the classic 'the grass is always greener on the other side' motif as both girls are in what essentially appears to be the same relationship but with drastically different outcomes. It opens with Natalie doing some typical cute couple activities with a scruffy love interest, like coasting on the handlebars of his bike and snuggling between the sheets. Then it gets heavy, as brooding, edgier sister Nicole portrays all the negative aspects of a relationship with the same guy. Though duality isn't the most innovative concept for a pair of twins to tackle, it still makes for a dramatic and titillating visual.

No comments: