Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Zendaya embraces '90s fashion in "My Baby"

Following the release of her single "Replay," Zendaya drops the brand-new swag-tastic visuals for her Bobby Brackins-produced track "My Baby." The song was recently remixed by Cali rapper Iamsu and singer/producer Ty Dolla $ign. While Zendaya let her killer dance moves rule her video for "Replay," this time the singer is a bit more relaxed, letting her hip-hop swagger speak for itself as she bounces to the beat. In fact, it's kind of hard not to notice that Zendaya is channeling her idol, '90s R&B star Aaliyah, in the video.
Like 2 Chainz, Zendaya's different. The talented 17-year-old actress/singer proved that she's not your average Disney diva with '90s R&B-flavored debut single "Replay" and hammers the fact home with bouncy urban jam "My Baby." It's a cute change of pace that shows another side of the Disney starlet's bubbly personality. The follow-up urban-pop track taken from her self-titled debut album released last September, was recently also remixed by rappers Ty Dolla $ign, Iamsu and Bobby Brackins.
In the months prior to the release, the singer opened up about embracing both pop and hip-hop in her music. "I'm kind of creating my own music and I'm kind of creating my own zone, my own lane as an artist. I want to do rhythmic pop," Zendaya told MTV News last year. "It's not necessarily your average pop song. It has some kind of urban edge, some kind of more hip-hop-ish tones to it that kind of edge it up and do something a little different so it's not just your stereotypical pop music." Zendaya promised us a while back that she was "gonna swag it out," and with her new video, she keeps that promise.
Zendaya is bringing the '90s back in Stephen Garnet-directed video, as she flaunts her personal style, shows off several different cutting edge styles, and rocks everything from a Diamond Supply Co snapback and teal lipstick to a gothic-looking black cloak and epic fingernails. The Oakland homegirl loves the Raiders Varsity jacket, as she's said before, and she proudly dons the NFL team's gear head-to-toe while singing along to the urban-flavored track. With all the wardrobe changes, "My Baby" is similar to her "Replay" music video. But it's a new look for Zendaya in a couple of different ways, and all eyes are on her.

No comments: