Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Friday, January 10, 2014

Lea Michele breaks the barrier in "Cannonball"

The 'Glee' star Lea Michele is getting up close and personal as she channels her inner diva in her first ever solo new music clip for her debut single "Cannonball," the lead single taken from the singer/actress' upcoming debut studio album "Louder," which drops on March 4. The emotional features shots of the 27-year-old belting the powerful, Sia-penned chorus in what appears to be an abandoned room with boarded-up windows.
Michele recently spoke to MTV News about the piano-driven anthem, revealing that it helped her to heal after the sudden and tragic death of her boyfriend and 'Glee' co-star Cory Monteith. Initially, Michele didn't plan on having the song be a part of the album, which she'd finished recording last June; but after Monteith died in July, Michele put her album on hold and took a moment to think if there was anything else she needed to get off her chest. Working with songwriters Sia Furler and Benny Blanco, she recorded the track and the single became a mantra of survival.
The uplifting ballad finds Michele reaffirming her newfound inner strength. The lyrics about finding inner strength after a difficult experience mirror Michele's own life: "The minute I heard the song, I had a physical reaction to it. For me, it's been my strength," she said of the track. "I listen to it every day. I know it was brought into my life for a reason. It's really been so helpful for me and I hope it's the same for other people as it's been for me." The track is instantly memorable, but still, it's Michele's powerhouse vocals that take center stage on "Cannonball" as she deftly switches from her Broadway-trained belting and 'Glee'-honed pop chops: "...I'll fly like a cannonball."
The clip, directed by Robert Hales, finds a vulnerable looking Michele cold and lonely in what looks like an abandoned mansion with a broken piano, singing about losing her mind. Sun streaks through the windows as the 'Glee' star dressed in a flowing black dress, slowly finds her strength as the song crescendos. As Michele's confidence builds, the room she's singing in slowly starts to shift to something brighter and, finally, letting the light into her life as she sings about her vow to "start living today." By the end, Michele is smiling brilliantly amid a sea of colorful, electrifying lights, all ready for her "new beginning." She certainly has come a long way, and The simplistic but visually stunning video is totally uplifting an inspiring!

No comments: