Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, January 6, 2014

Katy B belts heart out in "Crying For No Reason"

Katy B is engulfed in her own personal light show in the music video for her new electro-ballad, "Crying For No Reason," which will serve as the second cut comes from British dance-pop purveyor's upcoming sophomore album, "Little Red," scheduled for release on February 3. The red-haired U.K. alt-dance pop diva has consistently slayed us with tunes such as "What Love Is Made Of," "Aaliyah," and "I Like You." Now, praise everything, Katy B's back with a new video and she's brought her own personal light show with her!
Speaking about new album recently, the star revealed: "That first album had a certain innocence about it. I think this album has a bit more experience. My relationships have got more serious, I've moved out of my parents' house, I'm dealing with issues on my own. My friends are all going through that transition as well - those questions you ask of yourself as an adult. This is real life." She added: "There are still going to be lots of songs about me and my little adventures around London, but then at the same time I've had experiences in love and life that have been about this period of my life."
"Crying For No Reason" is a big electronic ballad, where she croons about trying in vain to get over the ending of a relationship. The singer told Q magazine that she found it was an emotional experience laying the break up anthem down in the studio. "When we recorded that vocal, halfway through I started crying. I ran out the room," she recalled. "Five minutes later I came back and asked, 'Did you get that?'" The track features Katy B's buttery R&B pipes laced with some poignant Adele balladry and infused with a little forward-thinking electro-pop à la Robyn.
The emotional ballad is the twinkling, strobing heartbreak-anthem, and the video is beautiful and stark, perfectly pairing with Katy B's titanic performance and the track's dramatic swell of pop histrionics replete with huge glacial synths. In Sophie Miller-directed video, Katy B boldly stands alone on a platform and belts the song out before a dark, sleek, arena-like stage set while an epic extravaganza of light slowly erupts all around her. As the song builds from simple ballad to mid-tempo dance banger, the luminous beams slowly become more extravagant and everything feels right in the world. Simple and effective!

No comments: