Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pixie Lott hits a club & gets naughty in "Nasty"

Pixie Lott is well and truly back after a short absence away from music, and to celebrate reaching 23, the English songstress tries to leave her sweet angel image in the past with the premiere of her slightly-racy music video for her new singer "Nasty." The naughty, uptempo pop-blues track is the first single from the British singer's upcoming self-titled third studio album, due in stores on March 10th in the UK via Mercury Records. It’s been more than a year since Lott was last on the Official Singles Chart, but now she’s back and is ready to get N-A-S-T-Y!
The jazzy, provocative horn-heavy number was originally recorded by Christina Aguilera as a duet with her The Voice colleague Cee Lo Green. Their version was earmarked for Aguilera's 2010 "Burlesque" flick, but wasn't used in the movie though it did leak online in the spring of 2011. "A few other singers had recorded it and Christina was one of them so everyone wanted this song," Lott told The Metro. "When I heard other singers had done it I thought "I need to get this!" It was a difficult song to get because there are so many old-school samples on it, like James Brown, that are hard to clear copyright on. But I got it and now it is my new single."
"Nasty" marks a different style for Lott as she looks to reinvent herself as a 'pop' artist. Speaking about the provocative track recently, she said: "The thing is with this song, it's not nasty as in not being very nice, it's more about the naughty factor. It's more like a naughty nasty." The track recaptures that sultry jazzy voice Lott has and ups it with an incredibly catchy hook. Lott has turned this song into a mega-hit. As for the "Nasty" music video, the soul-pop princess did what the song required her too. She brought her nasty, sexy, naughty side to the surface.
Lott told You magazine about Bryan Barber-directed clip: "I wrote the treatment. I start out prim and proper, innocent and well-dressed, and then I see this guy and the clothes are transformed into something a bit more nasty. It was a cool video to shoot." The raunchy promo clip sees the blonde strutting down the street to an underground club, where she proceeds to get sweaty by dancing suggestively with her love interest while belting out the soulful and sensual track: "N-A-S-T-Y, you're nasty, but maybe I don't mind..." The point is, she does indeed get nasty.

No comments: