Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Robin Thicke plays football field in "Give It 2 U"

Fresh off his much talked-about MTV Video Music Awards performance with Miley Cyrus on Sunday, Robin Thicke puts on the referee stripes (in the form of a tight-cut suit) for his new gridiron-themed video for "Give It 2 U," the second single from Thicke's new sixth studio album, "Blurred Lines." The 36-year-old R&B singer told Radio.com about the song which featuring vocals from rappers 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar, "It's very exciting," he said. "It's very Michael Jackson, Prince but also pretty hip-hop. It's a big, shiny pop record. It's fun."
In order to stay on top of the news cycle, Thicke is back and hoping to capitalize on the same success, controversy, and parody that accompanies "Blurred Lines." His new not-so-subtly song, "Give It 2 U," is made for twirling the final nights of summer away. The synth-infused half-spoken/half-falsetto track features a bass line that's eerily similar to that G6 track from three summer's ago, but we're not pointing any fingers. Remaining true to his aesthetic, Thicke entertains us with hot girls once again. But, the song happens to be pretty awesome too.
Thicke added that rather than write about his own life as he has done in the past, he decided to focus on just having fun on "Blurred Lines." "I've written so many songs about my insecurities, my fears, my failures, my relationship problems, my personal issues, my issues with God and the universe," he said. "I've written about everything. I think that's why this album I was like, 'I don't want to write about myself anymore. I just want to write stuff that makes people feel good.' This is the most fun, feel-good music I've ever made."
Set on a college football field in Los Angeles and directed by Diana Martel, the twerk-heavy, dance-crazed video features a cotton candy mascot, a plenty of twerkin' dancer teams from Albany and Alabama State, cheerleaders in football jerseys and dance uniforms all while riding around on parade floats with pompoms shimmy around Thicke. Chainz also makes an appearance, delivering his verse in front of a giant monument helpfully labeled "Ass Float" onscreen; Lamar raps while riding around in the back of a toy truck. The video also features a scene where an actress strokes Thicke's cheek with a foam finger, echoing Cyrus' antics with the same kind of prop at the VMAs.

No comments: