Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ariana Grande unveiled 'Almost Is Never Enough'

Ariana Grande and The Wanted's Nathan Sykes have been given a delicate music video and get affectionate for their duet ballad "Almost Is Never Enough," which will be featured in the new film "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones." The track will also appear on Grande's upcoming debut studio album, "Yours Truly," due out September 3rd. The movie, just released on Wednesday, is based on author Cassandra Clare's extremely popular book series, about the teen fantasy and will be the newest wanna-be "Twilight."
Co-written and produced by Harmoney Samuels, "Almost Is Never Enough" is a tender ballad whose lyrics speak of finding love but it slipping away from your hands. Grande and Sykes take turns for the verses, with Grande singing alone the first chorus, and the twosome joining their voices for the last section. The 20-year-old pop's new princess sounds dazzling over this sparse piano ballad, and gets damn near Mariah Carey territory with some of her notes.
Grande recalled to MTV News: "I didn't know it was going to be a duet and Scooter(manager) just said 'Check your email'. And Nathan just sang the hell out of it," she added. "I thought it was Brian McKnight. I'm like 'Who is this?' Honestly I wasn't expecting it. I didn't know he had that in him. I saw him perform live on one of the radio shows that we were at together and I was like, 'Damn he can sing.'" The 20-year-old Florida singer also told MTV News: "The version going on the Mortal Instruments soundtrack is a much shorter version. The one that's on my album is very long. But I'm really excited by it."
Juxtaposes footage of Grande and Sykes with romantic scenes from the upcoming movie "The Mortal Instruments," the Charming video, directed by The Young Astronauts, is straightforward enough as two singers becoming acquainted for the first time, and recording their duet in the studio booth, and getting cozy on the sofa, hug a few times, and snap along to the song's rhythm, dramatically lipsynching the big ol' retro-style ballad even more convincingly than when we pretend to be in a music video on the daily commute. It's basically all a bit 90s, with Grande giving Sykes some loving looks over a microphone and being generally quite dramatic.

No comments: