Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Evanescence Unveils "My Heart is Broken"

Evanescence have just released the new video for their uptempo rock ballad "My Heart Is Broken," is the official second single from American hard rock band's eponymous self-titled third album. It is the standard romantic rock bluster from Evanescence. Really, when your heart is broken, you want a song that's as idea driven as "My Heart is Broken" to carry you through and that's what the frontwoman Amy Lee delivers.
Lee's vocals accompanied by piano, guitars and drums was powerful and flexible as ever, as heard in her piercing wails on hit-in-waiting "My Heart Is Broken." Lee said that the song sounded better with the piano part because it was a stronger and more prominent instrument which made the song "one of the most passionate songs on the whole album." With a gorgeous piano intro rises alongside Lee's high energy, vibrant and undeniably fierce vocal delivery, and the "gut-wrenching" ballad develops into a searching, soulful hook, ranging high among the best material this band has ever recorded.
Lee revealed that the song was written after seeing victims of sex trafficking. Despite brokenness being one of several themes that run through Evanescence's new album, this song is not about romantic heartbreak. Lee explained: "A good friend of mine heads up an organization in New York that rescues victims of sex trafficking. My husband and I got involved and were really moved and horrified. As I was writing the song I was putting myself in that place - what would it be like to be trapped? Threatened? Alone? Unable to tell anyone what was happening because you're afraid of what would happen?"
The video, Lee says, takes inspiration from the 1988 British dark fantasy horror film "Paperhouse." Distinguished director Dean Karr for short film, and Lee promises the video will recall "both dreams and nightmares." In a recent interview with MTV, Lee also describes the video as a "surreal dream world, and the band's performance is the dream within the dream, in an abyss of darkness." Lee continues "we're playing with fiber optics, so basically I'm drawing the world around me from nothingness, and when I draw things with my hands they actually come to life."

No comments: