Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dawn Richard Debuts "SMFU (Save Me From U)"

Dawn Richard, most commonly known as the former Danity Kane member turned one-third of Diddy Dirty Money, is looking to launch her solo career with her official music video for her new solo single "#SMFU (Save Me From You)," the lead single off her upcoming album "GoldenHeart," the first in a trilogy of solo debut albums. Showing off her vulnerable side, the soulful ballad itself is a slow burner, but at the core is Richard's distinct vocal timbre, something that always made her stand out.
The New Orleans native, is emotionally wounded in the black-and-white visual. Despite having gone solo, she reunites with five other dancers, four as backups in chorus scenes and another beside her during verses, which gives the video an interpretive feel rather than a linear storyline. One wonders if Richard is talking about her disbanded buddies in the Druski-produced short film.
"I don't need your protection from danger/I don't need you to shield from harm/I don't need you to save me from a robbery/When you are the one whose stolen my heart," sings Richard, with her pain-filled vocals. The 28-year-old R&B star cries her heart out in the emotional clip, which shows a vulnerable Richard gazing into the camera as tears run down her face: "I'm tired of waiting, I'm tired of calling/Only for you to let me down/My heart is vacant, no more tears falling." Beside shedding tears, Richard also busts a move with her girl friends.
The video compliments this heartfelt ballad nicely. The singer explained the video concept: "I was going through something really, really bad and instead of me trying to keep things private, I like to give my vulnerability, make it strong, and put it out there," she said. "And I feel like there's a lot of people who pretend to be a hero, but they really are the villains in this story. From female to dude, ya'll can relate to that. Whether it's your best friend, your boss, or just the person standing next to you, and I wanted to tell that story. That the hero isn't always what you think he is or she is."

No comments: