Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Sky Ferreira Has A Creepy In "Obsession" Video

MTV has the official video for the Portuguese-American indie-popper Sky Ferreira's U.S. debut single "Obsession." Ferreira has been getting plenty of fans obsessed over her, so the choice of "Obsession" as her first single seems appropriate. The new track is featured on "The Vampire Diaries: Original" Television Soundtrack. "Ferreira" is just a taste of the 18-year-old has to offer on her yet-to-be titled debut full-length album, which is slated for a 2011 release. Ferreira has done some wild stuff in the past. I guess I expected something more than a straightforward pop song for her first single.
The ryan tedder-produced "Obsession" is a catchy-enough electro-pop ditty with an anthemic chorus of "I want you to want me!" etc, doesn't hold a candle to the magic that is her impeccable & perfect bloodshy & avant-produced "one" (Ferreira's debut track in Europe), but "Obsession" sure is catchy, and will surely race up the charts stateside as a nice introduction to an artist with lots of potential. Even this new video shows off a little bit of what makes Ferreira so unique. The song “Obsession” sounds like your typical pop ditty that you would hear your everyday teenage girl sing along to but the video has a unique twist that you wouldn’t expect.
Ferreira sat down with Punchbowl TV recently for a new interview to her US single "Obsession," which she still appears to hate despite weakly trying to pretend that she actually loves it. "“It [Obsession] was pitched to like Rihanna, Adam Lambert, like all these huge people. But whatever, another man's trash is another person's treasure [laughs]. I had to compromise with it. I mean, love the song and it's very poppy and stuff, but it's um... I think I just wanted to try something a little different at first, but, you know, I'll do what I have to do to get out. I mean, I don't, like, hate the song — well, some parts of it I don't like it."
Somewhere on the junction of creepy and cute, you will find the video of "Obsession." The video was directed by Marc Klasfel and features Ferreira being fanatically obsessed with Tarantino tough-guy actor Michael Madsen. In video, her love for actor becomes just that: an obsession. She basically becomes the black sheep out of her group of friends as the lines of reality and fantasy are blurred. While her friends party and makeout with boys their own age, Ferreira is off daydreaming about the Kill Bill actor. Every inch of her bedroom wall is covered with his face. She gets his name tattooed on her arm. She tracks down where he lives. She's completely and utterly obsessed. Instead of going the traditional "pop girl fancies hot guy" route, Ferreira flipped the switch on us and She's irked with the "mean girl" in her circle of pals. She finds a star map, tracks him down and dreams about the two of them taking revenge on one of her idiot friends. Great video!

No comments: