Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Justin Bieber Wooing One Lucky Fan In "U Smile"

Justin Bieber fans have plenty to grin about and will all be smiling now that the teen superstar's latest video "U Smile" is finally here! The clip premiered last night on E! News. and features the Canadian sensation indulging in something he probably doesn't get a lot of these days: privacy. The Motown-style ballad song was released as the second digital-only single from the latter half of his debut album, "My World 2.0." Bieber is attempting to keep his fans happy, and he's probably hoping that this method will help to make his new video very popular, especially considering he's already dating singer Jasmine Villegas, who's opening for him on his My World tour.
Bieber helped co-write the song along with Jerry Duplessis, Arden Altino and Dan August Rigo, and he had particularly high praise for the latter, "U Smile" is a piano and instrument driven blue-eyed soul ballad, garnered acclaim from critics as a standout track from the album. Bieber shared with his fans the inspiration behind the song on Twitter. "'U Smile' is one of the best songs I have ever recorded," he wrote. "It really is a throwback to the great records I listened to growing up. I wrote it for all my fans who got me here. U took me from a small town in Canada to this amazing opportunity I am living now. I am so grateful for everything and so blessed for all of your support. I wrote 'U Smile' with my friend August with that in mind. So this one is for U. Enjoy it and know that u the fans give me my strength in a lot of this."
The Colin Tilley-directed clip for the slow-tempo track shows off his dramatic side, and finds the pop star playing the piano in an empty theater, busting some understated dance moves in an alleyway and wooing one lucky girl. The "Somebody to Love" singer dressed in all black, attempting to persuade a girl, one of cheery tween fans into being his girl. He obliges and invites her out for a rendezvous later that evening. The scene is an area near a run down movie theater. Bieber had stated that the video for "U Smile" was about "letting fans experience the ultimate fantasy for any hard-core Belieber: being Justin's girlfriend", further explaining in a tweet, "I took the opportunity 2 make a video 4 the fans, about a fan, and how we could fall IN LOVE."
An old soul is the last thing you would expect to find inside Justin Bieber. But all it takes is one listen to the 16 year-old soul-singing phenomenon to realize that he is light years ahead of his manufactured pop peers. A virtually untapped well of natural artistic talent, Bieber is primed to be a solid force in music for many years to come. "I think older people can appreciate my music because I really show my heart when I sing, and it's not corny," he says. "I think I can grow as an artist and my fans will grow with me." And just think, he's just getting started.

No comments: