Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jordin Sparks Remakes "Beauty And The Beast"

Jordin Sparks is teaming with Walt Disney Studios and recorded her cover version of the theme song "Beauty and the Beast" and filmed an accompanying princess-themed music video with director Philip Andelman, to support the 2010 DVD/Blu-Ray re-release diamond edition of the No.1 most requested Disney animated favorite classic movie. Sparks submerges herself in a fairytale in her brand-new video and her beautiful velvet voice for new version give this classic record a resfreshingly new cheesy pop feel.
The Academy Award winner song is a ballad about the love developing between Belle and the Beast. It was written by composer Alan Menken and late lyricist Howard Ashman. It was very successful on the charts around the world, becoming Céline Dion's first international hit. Both Angela Lansbury and Céline Dion belted out the title song in Disney's 1991 hit "Beauty and the Beast." Now, American Idol champ is taking a crack at the classic. "'We didn't change the song too much, but it is poppier," Sparks says. "I wanted it to be different, so people aren't like, 'Oh, she's trying to be Céline.'" Sparks is a great fit for Disney as the edgiest attempt from the young beauty was performing a duet with Chris Brown. The gorgeous, voluptuous singer/songwriter has made it her purpose to shy away from any attribute that would tarnish her sweet, bubbly persona.
It has been nothing short of a whirlwind: The youngest contestant to ever win 'American Idol,' Sparks was just 17 years old when she won the coveted title. In reflection, it was the best training ground she could have ever had. In the three years that have followed, Sparks has released two albums on 19 Recordings/Jive Records. Her self-titled debut went platinum, selling over 2 million copies worldwide. So with domination of popular music checked off her bucket list, what was Sparks going to do next? The Glendale-based 'American Idol' winner is currently making her Broadway debut in "In the Heights." Sparks has indeed made a difference in people's lives.
With her headlining tour, upcoming Broadway debut, big city living, charity work and more, it's hard to believe she hasn't even turned 21, something that's coming up on her agenda at the end of this year (December 22nd). With everything she has achieved, what does Sparks think about turning twenty-one? She laughs, "It's weird for me to even think about! Time is going by so fast. I could go to a club if I wanted to, but I still can't rent a car! I take things day by day. I just want to keep learning and growing and trying new things. Right now, I am good right where I am."

No comments: