Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Katy Perry Inspires And Explodes In "Firework"

Showing her care and concern for fans, the newly married singer Katy Perry has not only unveiled the video for her single "Firework," but also wanted her new video to inspire people and she even dedicated it to the "It Gets Better" campaign, because she feels "everyone has the spark to be a firework." This inspirational dance jam is the third single from her sophomore effort, "Teenage Dream." The video is part of a huge cross-promotional deal with European telecommunications group Deutsche Telekom, who hosted a series of competitions for fans to win the opportunity to feature in the video.
The amazing Perry told Billboard magazine that the inspiration for the song came from an unlikely source. "Basically I have this very morbid idea... when I pass, I want to be put into a firework and shot across the sky over the Santa Barbara Ocean as my last hurrah," she said. "I want to be a firework, both living and dead. My boyfriend(now husband) showed me a paragraph out of Jack Kerouac's book On The Road, about people that are buzzing and fizzing and full of life and never say a commonplace thing. They shoot across the sky like a firework and make people go, 'Ahhh.' I guess that making people go 'ahhh' is kind of like my motto."
That certainly is an explosive video by the newly wedded Mrs. Brand. Perry's most recent tweet states that her grandmother is her firework: "The firework in my life is my grandmother. She raised me and taught me everything about life. She is one extraordinary woman." Perry said "Firework" is her favorite song on "Teenage Dream." She expressed that: "People are coming back and almost adopting it as their own anthem, and it's hard, I think, to write an anthem that's not cheesy, and I hope that this could be something in that category. I hope this could be one of those things where it's like, 'Yeah, I want to put my fist up and feel proud and feel strong. But I also don't want to be cheesy, it's a fine line, and I think 'Firework' would be like the opus or my one song, if I had to pick a song to play, 'cause it has a great beat. But it also has a fantastic message."
The pop superstar spreads love to her fans in a joyous dance party to empower youths and make them comfortable in their own skin. It's a straight up self-empowerment anthem wrapped in a Coldplay-on-poppers club banger from the Stargate team. The video opens with the camera panning in the beautiful city of Budapest in Hungary before Perry emerges in a lavender gown, standing on a balcony singing. Soon, it is intercut with stories of people who need to find their inner firework. with Perry in the center of the action, belting out the song's inspiring message as fireworks explode around them all. Perry is sending a message: empower yourself and embrace your inner firework. As always, Perry's songs are instantly catchy, and we support such a positive message, and we kind of need it nowadays.

No comments: