Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kate Nash Premiered Her "Later On" Music Video

Delightfully sassy British singer-songwriter Kate Nash has just released new video for her latest third single "Later On," off her sophomore album, "My Best Friend is You," is now out via Fiction/ Geffen Records. Plans of "Paris" being the third single release were apparently scrapped, as Nash announced on her Facebook that she had shot a video in Buckinghamshire for "Later On," and thought it might be the best video yet.
Growing up in Harrow, London, and best known for the UK No.2 hit "Foundations," Nash has taken the country by storm with her infectious pop songs and carefree attitude. Nash at only 23, is one of the countries shining stars on the Pop scene. Back in July 2007, a month before her debut album, "Made of Bricks," was released in the UK two months ahead of schedule due to public demand, Nash took a moment to contemplate her new whirlwind life as a pop star: "I feel normal. But quite cool. I feel like an outsider who's just sneaked in..." "Made Of Bricks," was a satisfactory, yet difficult pop record. She earned her comparisons to Lily Allen, but seemed second rate in comparison.
Luckily, "My Best Friend Is You" is a vast improvement, showcasing much more range and bite. Each one of its fourteen songs has its firm place on the album and not a single track seems like filler. Nash has made one of the most solid, addictive records of 2010. With a second album of which she is rightly proud "nothing was rushed; I've developed as a writer." Does Nash still feel like an outsider? "I will probably always feel like an outsider because I don't fit the format of a female artist. But I'm not worried about it. No way. I've always done things my own way and, for that reason alone, I'm happy." Produced by former Suede guitarist Bernard Butler, "My Best Friend is You" is a bold step forward for Nash, as she ventures into profane, ultra-personal and hilarious stream-of-consciousness rants punky, PJ Harvey-esque stylings and her trademark whip-smart wit on standouts "Later On."
"Later On" has Nash admitting "I kissed him just to get some information. I used my body and his desperation." Then when her plan is uncovered she feels bad about hurting the feelings of her suitor. "Later on, I'm crying my stupid eyes out." It's another relatable scenario. The realness makes Nash that much more likeable. It's easy to forget that Nash, a dense talker who can go for ten minutes straight without drawing breath, is still only 23. She may have a child-like enthusiasm for life, but she is also in a way that belies her years grounded. "It's not that hard," she says with a shrug. "Just don't be a tosser."

No comments: