Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sam Smith tearing up the Big Apple in 'Like I Can'

To top off Sam Smith's wildly successful 2014, where he nabbed six Grammy nominations earlier this month, the 22-year-old British crooner busted out the champagne and suited up in a tux with the black-and-white music video for "Like I Can," the fifth single off his Grammy-nominated "In The Lonely Hour" album, directed by Sophie Muller and it's a total black-tie affair.
"Like I Can," a robust ditty which is, perhaps, one of the most underrated tracks on his entire album which highlighted he was really lonely and his unrequited love for another man. This song was inspired by Oleta Adams' "Get Here," as Smith explained: "I used that same format with the list of ways that he will never love you like I can." While the song's lyrics tell the story of someone desperately in love with another who seems to be looking for love in "all the wrong places," the video doesn't quite match the story the song tells.
Instead, it's an aesthetic masterpiece, following Smith and a crew of male friends as they experience a quintessential day in New York City, looking totally dapper in tuxedos, hitting up a corner bar, taking time to smell the roses outside of a bodega and busting out choreographed dance routines on the Brooklyn bridge and serenading folks in alleyways before a round celebratory shots at a local corner bar. Despite his past music videos being pretty somber in nature, Smith is showing off a new side of himself with his latest effort. It's such an unbelievably happy and playful clip despite the nature of the song.

No comments: