Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Charli XCX gets back at her man in "Breaking Up"

Charli XCX is red hot while holding a hunk hostage in a brand new music video for her 90's-inspired pop/rock track, "Breaking Up," off her upcoming punk rock-inspired sophomore album "Sucker," is expected to be released on December 16. When discussing the album Charli states that while the album is still pop, "it's a very shouty, girl power, girl gang, sort of feel." The cartoony video definitely fits that description with Charli's bad chick attitude in it.
This slice of brat-pop finds Charli bashing her former lover. "That song is really brutal - every time I sing it I feel bad for everyone of my ex-boyfriends," she explained. "I feel like I'm making all the guys I ever dated cry," Charli added. "Which I kind of like." Obviously, the 22-year-old English singer likes to destroy them really bad with a hammer! Well, only if you're her boyfriend and you mistreat her.
The ultra-colorful BRTHR-directed video opens with vintage Charli listening to her boyfriend prattle on to his parents about how every girl in school wants to be with him. After tossing her drink onto the ground and shattering it, she lowers her cat eye sunglasses and says "we had a good run, Patrick" with an infinitely bored expression on her face. After she breaks up with her football star boyfriend, she hops into limo with her girlfriends and begins her girl power and feistiest breakup anthem.
The rest of the video takes place at a bowling alley and entails generous hair flipping while Charli belts out the lyrics and playing bowling with close gal pals and enjoying sweets. Throughout the chorus of the song she proclaims "you say you love me, I say what?" These simple yet sassy lyrics affirm the fact that this song is letting the world that she doesn't need to be on the arm of a guy to be confident. The style of the video is dripping with the 90s revival aesthetic that millennials are begging for these days and Charli makes it look ridiculously fun that gives off all of the ultra-cool dark pop vibes that the song does.

No comments: