Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, December 15, 2014

Imagine Dragons had a wild ride in "I Bet My Life"

Imagine Dragons returned and give us a wild ride with a new video for "I Bet My Life," the first taste of alternative rock band's as-yet untitled sophomore LP, and the sing-a-long anthem finds the Las Vegas-based rockers in a much mellower mood. The striking clip is a visual feast and a surreal odyssey with a harrowing near-death experience. Directed by Jodeb and stars Spider-Man 2 actor Dane DeHaan, who getting into a fist fight on the shores above the Theodore Roosevelt Dam. Things get stranger from there.
The epic track is full of the bombastic, pounding percussion with a slightly folkier vibe than typified the four-piece's past hits like "Radioactive," and transitions from somewhat apprehensive verses to loud and celebratory choruses. "This song is about the relationship I've had with my parents throughout the years," frontman Dan Reynolds explained. "At times it's been strained and difficult, but in the end, 'I Bet My Life' celebrates the bond that we still hold on to."
The clip captures the emotion of the song, as two young rascals fight, forcing one into the Roosevelt Dam and sending him on a glorious, bizarre adventure. The two dastardly fellows, who are dressed in old-timey clothes despite the video being set in relatively modern times, get into a scuffle near the dam, sending one into the raging, flowing river. he young gent is then sent into an expansive underground tunnel, to an otherworldly journey.
The first stop is an underwater house that was seemingly abandoned years ago. Though the chairs are up on the table and everything is covered in protective white sheets, there is a cozy bed for which the boy can slumber on, before he wakes up... only to find himself in a boat. From there, he sails away to freedom against the river until he tumbles over a waterfall. Though that only lands him in the hands of an adoring crowd. But, the otherworldly adventure was just that, a dream. And the boy awakes at the base of the waterfall, in the arms of his enemy. Was it heaven? Was a life actually bet?

No comments: