Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Andrew McMahon | "Cecilia And The Satellite"

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness released the music video for "Cecilia and the Satellite," the post-fun, lead single from American indie pop solo act's self-titled debut album, which could be a personal soundtrack and the soundtrack to McMahon's inspiring rise-from-the-ashes recovery. Going through a crucible has the tendency to change a person and make them stronger. That was the case for pop-punk/piano-pop songsmith McMahon when he was diagnosed with leukemia in 2005.
"Cecilia and the Satellite," is a piano-driven tune acts as an ode to his newborn daughter, Cecilia, detailing McMahon's new life leading up to her birth and then happily confesses about events in McMahon's life, "through all the things my eyes have seen, the best by far is you." He definitely has the pipes for it, as he belts out "I'm the satellite/ and you're the sky," there's no denying that he has the experience to know exactly what he's doing. "I wanted to have a snapshot of who I was in the years leading up to meeting her," the new dad says.
Unfold and mirror the lyrics and sketches shown in the book, the Olivier Agostini-directed clip features McMahon and his adorable daughter intertwined with beautiful clips featuring Anastasia Krivosheeva as a grown-up Cecilia who dressed in white, wearing a flower headband, relaxing on a still rowboat, embark on her adventure while soaking up the rays and constantly looking up with a smile. This video will make even the best of fathers look bad, while those in possession of ovaries will participate in a 3:40 "awwwww" fest, and possibly an ovary explosion.

No comments: