Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Melanie Amaro Pleads "Don't Fail Me Now"

Melanie Amaro, the inaugural US winner of 'The X Factor' with her gigantic, pitch-perfect and incredibly supple vocals, has been working hard in the studio since her impressive victory, and proudly premiered the anticipated music video for her uplifting debut Single, "Don't Fail Me Now," from her upcoming as-yet-untitled debut album, due in December 4th on Epic Records, which she promises to be as bold and irresistible as her herself.
Amaro wisely chose to take her time putting together a debut album instead of rushing out new music immediately after winning 'The X Factor' with $5 million Epic Records contract last December. The new song represents Amaro's arduous journey to stardom as she sings optimistic words about overcoming a long road to achieve success, "I've paid my dues, I've paid the price, I've prayed for you almost every night." She pleads, "I've walked the longest road so don't fail me now."
“The song definitely describes the journey that I’ve had through life and throughout 'X Factor,' the determination of my feet that they can't fail me, I gotta get to where I need to be," said Amaro. However, the dance-pop song has been given mixed reviews from most critics, and saying unfortunately, her first offering, "Don’t Fail Me Now," offers a rather bland dance-pop arrangement that doesn't flaunt her winning voice effectively, and her voice is digitally-altered in places, so her biggest strength is blunted and she ends up sounding more like Jennifer Lopez than Whitney Houston or Kelly Clarkson, the divas with whom she is often compared.
The video was directed by Benny Boom takes us on a journey, as Amaro embarks on her life after 'The X Factor.' The 20-year-old songstress shows how far she's come in a year since trying out for the talent competition, and aptly finds herself walking down a road singing "feet don't fail me now," and catching feelings for a young man and hopes for the best as she walks down the road of life. Now on the cusp of her debut release, it's patently clear that Amaro's crystal-clear voice is as big as her ambition and talent.

No comments: