Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Kylie Minogue blooms in raunchy "Flower"

Australian pop dynamo Kylie Minogue recently made her directoral debut, mastering her latest music video for the stripped down version of "Flower." The tune is the lead single taken from Minogue's forthcoming orchestral compilation pop album, "Abbey Road Sessions," released October 29, and is a celebration of her 25 years in music. We are diggin' these somberly beautiful images that compliment the pretty track.
The stunning lullaby aria was originally penned during the singer's sessions for 2007 LP "X," as she was undergoing treatment for breast cancer and never properly recorded the fan favorite - until now. The highly-personal ballad "Flower," is less in the dance-pop vein and more of a mid-tempo number with real drums and lush strings dappled throughout. It definitely falls into the Minogue love songs category, with its wistful lyrics comparing a loved one to a gentle breeze.
Minogue may be providing hints about her feelings on motherhood as she sings, "Distant child, my flower. Are you blowing in the breeze? Can you feel me as I breathe life into you? I know one day you'll amaze me." In an interview, Minogue explained that the song is about having a child: "People who have heard the lyrics have asked if I'm feeling broody. They don't realize the story of the song. It's a love letter to the child I may or may not ever have. I was coming out of (cancer) treatment." She also thinks the song puts her in fear she would never have children in the future.
Whether she's wandering through a wooded thicket or floating in a pond, the 44-year-old Aussie star transforms into a shimmering earth goddess, throwing sultry poses, and rubs her hands all over body in the artfully shot black and white promo, which is directed by herself. It featured Minogue lying on a chair with only a long sheer white sheet covering her while looking through a mirror, Walking along a beach, wandering through woods and fields, walking along a tree trunk, playing on a swing, lying and sitting in a meadow of flowers and lying in a pool. Visually striking, simple, a hint of early '90s cheesiness. we LOVE it!

No comments: