Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Alicia Keys Finding Strength in "Girl On Fire"

Alicia Keys plays a sexy superwoman and is set the bar high with a visually stunning promo for girl-power anthem, "Girl On Fire," the lead off single and title track from Keys' upcoming fifth studio album, "Girl on Fire," due out on November 27th. The 31-year-old R&B siren has stated that she wants the new album to "liberate" and "empower" fans. "I am totally feeling the powerful, sultry and fun vibe of this video!" Keys wrote on Twitter hours before the video premiere on Friday.
"Girl on Fire," a R&B ballad combines elements of hip hop, was inspired by Keys' giving birth to her son Egypt and marriage to husband Swizz Beatz. In a fiery message on her website to announce the album, she wrote: "Girl on Fire is about new beginnings, new perspectives and fresh starts?. Before making this record, in some ways I felt like a lion locked in a cage. I felt like a girl misunderstood that no one really knew, I felt like it was time to stop making excuses for any part of my life that I wanted to change. Once I made that choice I became a Girl on Fire, the lion broke free!!"
Musically, "Girl on Fire" is put together like some of Keys' best, most classic ballads - "No One," "If I Ain't Got You" - quiet, unassuming verses leading into big, empathic choruses. Keys' lyrics center around toasting the achievements of women everywhere, and she delivered with a calming-yet-commanding wail with the powerful and flawless vocals over her trademark piano punches. It's heavily bombastic, but the drama of it makes it memorable, and the hooky melody is beautiful and exhilarating. Keys seems to have to set out to make a statement song about power, and it's undeniable that she's succeeded in that. We adore those raw, sensual vocals!
Keys keeps it glamorous and channels the life of a ferocious, fiery, 1950s styled working mother who helps her kids with homework, cleans their home, cooks and takes care of an elderly woman - not a far cry from real life - all while donning different green outfits in the Sophie Muller-directed clip, which opens with her reclining on a bed in a tiny top that shows off her bra straps, cleavage and a firm, toned tummy. Keys completes her superwoman act by caring for an elderly woman before rejecting the overtures of the man in her life when she finally gets the chance to put her feet up and slip on a pair of headphones.
>

No comments: