Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jennifer Hudson Goes Home For "Where You At"

Soulful diva Jennifer Hudson unveiled her brand new music video late Thursday for "Where You At," the ballad is the lead single from her upcoming sophomore studio album, "I Remember Me," is due in stores March 22nd. A whole new Hudson returns to her roots and braves the cold and windy Chicago winter in her just released music video, which is her first to premiere since the 2009 hit "If This Isn't Love." The newly svelte singer looks as gorgeous and serene as ever, even though the song may be a heartbreaking ode to lost love.
The soaring vocal track was penned by R. Kelly, and produced by Harvey Mason Jr. The 29-year-old R&B singer and actress said: "This song to me is like what I always wanted to do vocally. As an aspiring writer, just the subject of it means so much to me. It's simple and it's something we say every day." Hudson questions the love in her life who made "false promises" singing "painted a picture for me but there was no frame." The entertainer definitely puts herself into the equation on the video and really brings home the point of the song.
The American Idol alum shows off her fresh sleek figure in her new video, takes place in her native Chicago where she experienced personal tragedy but also got the inspiration for her sophomore album. Not too much is new about this Anthony Mandler-directed video, and its storyline sees Hudson making a return to Chicago. In the video, she constantly ponders where her unreliable significant other is, and concedes to his broken promises. She bears through the cold, a likely clue as to how she feels now that she's alone. However, undeniably, there is a new air about Hudson — an unspoken confidence, and beauty within as she moves wistfully through each scene. It's a new dawn, a new day, a new life, and she certainly looks and sounds good.
The singer's career has taken her places she would never dreamed of, "I'm excited about this album because it's almost like a renewal for me, reflected through the chapters of my life," she said. "I've called it 'I Remember Me' because of the journey I've been on. I've learned that life constantly surprises you, no matter your plans. My fans have been so loyal, I feel like they have been on this journey with me and I can't wait for them to hear the new album." Hudson will present at the 83rd Oscar Annual Academy Awards Sunday.

No comments: