Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Trey Songz And Nicki Minaj Say “Bottoms Up”

Grammy-nominated R&B singer Trey Songz has premiered the music video, featuring female rapper Nicki Minaj for their rollicking, bass-heavy collaboration "Bottoms Up" on BET's 106 & Park while he hosts the show with Rocsi. The song is the club-ready lead single from his upcoming fourth studio album, "Passion, Pain & Pleasure," set to hit stores on September 14. Two of the hottest things in the industry have teamed up for what might be a contender for the hottest joint of the 2010 Summer.
"Bottoms Up" features a bass-thumping beat, with Minaj's much-needed liveliness and creativity in cartoonish voices and imitable baby-talk, as her voice is distorted in parts to sound slightly tipsy. The track is about the joys of enjoying a frosty beverage at the nightclub of your choosing. It's the perfect anthem for happy hour, the end of a hard day at work or even a stressful situation. Maybe it's the pounding kicks that keep my head nodding. Or, maybe its the infectious hook 'Bottoms Up, Bottoms Up.'
The video, was directed by Anthony Mandler, provides the dark, carnival-esque visuals to the club record, and shows the singer in a funhouse type of environment, trying to wade his way through all of the temptations of fame, while Minaj raps like Anna Nicole Smith. Themes of bondage and voyeurism are teased throughout the video, while quick edits and lighting changes create a frenetic vibe. Songz commented on the video in an interview with MTV stating, "'Bottoms up,' would not follow a traditional 'party song' formula and that he was looking to inject some deeper meaning into his video. I feel, is a very creative video. I think it heightens whatever it is that the song has already — the drive, the vigor, the club anthem, the energy in the record is definitely heightened in the video."
"While the words 'Passion, Pain and Pleasure' immediately invoke sexual thoughts, for me they have become somewhat of a personal mantra because they so accurately describe this time in my life," says Songz. "The passion I have for my art fuels my drive and work ethic, while the sacrifice of my personal life to benefit my career will always be a source of pain. The pleasure that I derive from my work and my accomplishments make everything worth it. When I began conceptualizing the new album, these three words stuck in my head. They completely infiltrated my creative process, so it was inevitable that they became the album title."

No comments: