Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Alexandra Burke Unveiled "Start Without You"

British pop sensation and the alum of The X Factor Alexandra Burke has finally unveiled a music video for her fifth single "Start Without You" through VEVO and later on The BOX and it's not quite what you would expect. The X Factor winner, who celebrates her 22nd birthday next week, teamed up with Jamaican rapper Laza Morgan and mega-producer RedOne for her very 80's-esque song, which will be available on September 5, and reportedly serves as the lead single from the re-release of her upcoming debut LP "Overcome," that will hit stores this fall in the UK.
"Start Without You" is a catchy tune and strong beat with an eclectic mix of Hip-hop, reggae and dance hall sounds. The feisty singer wanted to make a track she could enjoy in her open-top car and tapped into her Jamaican roots for the summery "Start Without You." Burke says: "It's kind of reggae meets pop. It was inspired by my Jamaican background and my new convertible. I really wanted to have a tune I could take down my roof to, drive along and be proud of. I didn't really want to do a ballad. I love the summer and this is the perfect track to dance to." The video was filmed in Los Angeles back in June, and accompanied by a number of chiseled guys, Burke takes over the gym, turning it into a dance floor for the music video. "I hope you guys like it," Burke tweeted after seeing an edit of her video late last week. "I am in love with it. x"
The girl who never gives up and who lives for her dream to sing. The girl who was turned away from X Factor in 2005 and came back fighting in 2008 – to win in an undisputed blaze of glory. Burke captivated the hearts of the British public with her hauntingly beautiful voice, smashed sales records within 24 hours of releasing her debut single "Hallelujah." Her awe inspiring talent and all encompassing passion for music and the creative process is what sets Burke apart from her peers. Her enthusiasm and genuine love for music coupled with a young fresh approach continues to wow her fans. She has come a long way in a very short period of time. No one could have ever predicted the scale of her success. She is set to firmly establish herself as a modern international pop icon.
Burke is going to do with the release of her first album this fall. There is one hurdle to "Overcome" yet, though. And if you want any evidence of Burke's commitment to her platinum pop product, it couldn't come more boldly spelt out than by the girl herself. "Going back to perform on The X Factor will be surreal. I want to own that stage. I want to do stupid hours of ridiculous practice. My nerves will be there. That I understand. But I want to bottle those nerves like I did for the final last year and own it. I have learned so much over the past year and every bit of that knowledge needs to go into my performances now. This is just the beginning." Meanwhile, the X Factor returns today on ITV1 at 7.30pm!

No comments: