Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kris Allen Goes To the Desert To Find 'The Truth'

tAt long last, all of Kris Allen's hard work in the desert is revealed. The former American Idol star has finally premiered the long-awaited video Tuesday on VH1 for his latest single, "The Truth," the second single from his self-titled debut album, has him getting a bit dusty as he wakes up and performs in the desert for the accompanying video. The 25-year-old Arkansas native is known for his laid-back and unassuming personality, yet his music is full of depth, energy and soul.
The video is directed by cinematographer, Aaron Platt, and was shot in the desert in 110 degree heat and rained out the first day! 'American Idol' season eight winner traveled out to the middle of nowhere with nothing but a guitar, a piano, a bed and Patrick Monahan, the lead singer of the Grammy award-winning rock band Train, on vocals to find "The Truth." Two music stars on a dreamy desert video shoot surrounded by beautiful imagery. The gorgeous sunsets, mountains and sand should act as the perfect backdrop for a ballad "The Truth." Spontaneously, Allen's guitar lights on fire, a scenic transition to the closing night scene where the 'Idol' winner sings the final chorus among hundreds of deteriorating chandeliers hanging in the sky.
The album version features Allen singing by himself while the single version features Allen singing with Monahan. According to Allen, it was his label's idea to switch the song up, stating, "Their idea was that Pat wrote the song, so why not get him involved in it in some way. And obviously Train is doing really well right now, and I don't think that can be ignored. Everyone thought it was a good idea." Allen also stated it never crossed his mind to feature Monahan, commenting, "It wasn't that type of song where you say, 'We need someone else on this.' Now that it's done, I hope it does really well, man. I really do." He also said the song was not written as a typical duet, so the feature was not meant to come off as a duet, as listeners may think of the song as a breakup ballad between two men, therefore Monahan was added on the bridge.
When asked about the controversy over his fans feeling that he was victimized in the released of the single, he responded, "The people at 19 and the people at Jive have been great. I'm not gonna say there haven't been things that have happened, some conflicts. Not bad stuff — I think it's just general stuff that goes on between artists and labels or whatever. Questions that come up. I'm very new to this. But it's really nice to have fans who care about you, who want you to be done right, and for the label and management to treat you right. I think they felt like I wasn't being cared for and being respected. And I appreciate them worrying about that. But I feel like I am. I really do." Allen unleash his vocal power shown in the mainstream pop song on something more unique to him as an artist.

No comments: