Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Reba McEntire Heats Up In "Turn On The Radio"

Reba McEntire has returned to the music industry with her video for her newest single, "Turn on the Radio," the lead single from McEntire's upcoming 26th studio album, "All The Women I Am," to be released on November 9. The crowded arrangement on "Turn On The Radio" strips her of all her winning personality. With her newest offering "Turn On the Radio," McEntire proves that she is still the queen of country music videos! Multimedia superstar surpassed the one million fan mark on Facebook this week, propelling her into an elite group of only 10 Country artists to achieve the popularity milestone.
"Turn On The Radio" is a clumsy grasp at mainstream popularity from one of country music's grand dames. From the first notes of track, the superstar's sass and trademark sound is intact. The first verse, with its mentions of a cheating cad, rely on little more than played-out cliches. The second verse, with its mentions of Twitter and texting, are an awkward fit for the multimedia icon. The verses may feel like a modern Underwood-like tune but the chorus of the song is vintage McEntire. The harmony singers singing in the background help the song rather than distracting from it and despite featuring some countrified crunchy lead guitars the steel guitar and fiddles are still audible in the mix behind McEntire's fresh, front and center vocal. "Turn On The Radio" is an earworm from the minute go and while the powerful drums may rub some people or longtime McEntire fans the wrong way, they only serve to give the lyric the attitude that they deserve.
The video for song was directed by Randee St. Nicholas and was filmed in late July at a warehouse in Nashville. In the video, the 55-year-old country music singer gets a revenge, and ties up a man who has done her wrong to a chair and proceeds to show him who the real boss is. McEntire says of her new single: "I fell for the song immediately. I love that it's an up-tempo, strong woman song about a woman who has been done wrong by her lover and is telling him to turn on the radio if he wants to hear from her through their favorite song."
Grammy Award-winning singer and one of the best-selling country music performers of all time, known for her pop-tinged ballads that include 24 #1 hits. She is one of only five solo women (others include Shania Twain, Barbara Mandrell, Dolly Parton, and Loretta Lynn), to win the Country Music Association's highest honor, 'Entertainer Of The Year.' In her thirty-year career, McEntire has excelled at making conflict sound so compelling. While she often avoids the vocal theatrics that plague other singers, she's never able to impose her will on a song that's beneath her gifts. She says. "I'm excited about this new album. I'm excited where I am in my life, my age, that radio is still playing my music and that fans still want to hear my music and see me perform. I'm very grateful, appreciative and blessed."

No comments: