Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Katy Perry Wakes Us Up With "Teenage Dream"

Treating her fans to a brand new creation, Katy Perry has premiered the official music video via MTV for her second and title track "Teenage Dream" off her forthcoming sophomore album, set to be released on August 24. The midtempo pop song is an upbeat tune about a woman who is falling madly in love and it makes her feel like a teenager again, because she wants him again. It's absolutely in tune with teenage girls' hearts and minds.
Cruising down the highway in a convertible with her welterweight hunk, the 'I Kissed a Girl' hitmaker is madly in love with model Josh Kloss, going through a series of makeout sessions with him in this Yoann Lemoine-directed romantic video, which kicks off in true California cool fashion. Visually, the clip was wonderfully shot with a graying effect that dulls down what otherwise would've been the cliche sunny day in her hometown of Santa Barbara. "It is gonna be completely different from 'California Gurls.' With 'Teenage Dream' you'll see a very raw, almost vulnerable [side]," Perry says about the video. "I had to wear so many less layers of makeup."
"I can't run from where I came from, nobody can," says Perry. When it came time to make her exhilarating second album "Teenage Dream," the 25-year-old singer found herself increasingly drawn back home to Santa Barbara. "I love the vibe that Santa Barbara gives off and I wanted to really tap into the purity of my childhood and that feeling," says the two-time Grammy nominated singer. "It was really fun to get away and walk into the studio with no make-up on." The new album will move you, both emotionally and physically. "I called the album 'Teenage Dream' because I feel like I will always want to be that pin-up poster," Perry says. "I definitely want to be in everybody's dreams at all times until I get to Liz Taylor's age when I'm not in your dreams anymore, and I'm just a diva!"
It's irreverent statements like this that have branded Perry a true American original. She's the extremely talented girl next door with slyly captivating charm. She erases any barrier between pop star and audience by writing all her own material. As much as her life seems to play itself out in the press, she reminds us the real Perry is in every note and every word of her music. Meanwhile, Perry is set to marry Russell Brand later this year and now that she has yet another successful album, it is certain that her personal life is mirroring the success she is seeing in her professional life.

No comments: