Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Brendan James Debuts Melodic Piano "The Fall"

New York-based Singer /songwriter Brendan James is getting ready to release his sophomore self-titled album on September 7 via Decca Records, and just debuted the video for the album's Fray-ish lead single "The Fall," co-starring actress and model Melissa Ordway, and directed by her boyfriend Justin Baldoni. James' distinctly detached vocal delivery actually keeps the grander moments here in check, subtle cool shadings that keep the focus on the classic pop/rock melodies that burrow quickly into the subconscious.
Born and raised in New Hampshire, and began writing songs during his sophomore year at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. James's inspiration stems from the rich and time-honored singer/songwriter traditions of New England. However, unlike his predecessors, James who accompanies himself on piano, has fused these traditional sensibilities with the experiences of his own generation, resulting in a sound that is overwhelmingly unique and original, yet resonates with the soulful simplicity of the past.
"The Fall", which James wrote about having to let someone go with the knowledge that the freedom of letting them go is the most grounding feeling of all. "I have tried to write a little more abstractly, but I just can't. You are what you are and my heart is on my sleeve. I am a romantic as well as an optimist. I also go through my daily life thinking too hard about certain things. Stuff doesn't roll off of me that easily. So I think my songs have this heaviness meets romance meets positivity."
Despite the finely crafted, melodic piano pop from James on display with his 2008 debut, "As I've matured I've realized that though life is beautiful and enjoyable, it can be legitimately hard," James says. "I didn't know that until I had finished touring behind my first album and I was ready to write about it for this new album." Finding that special not-too-sweet spot that lingers somewhere between hook-heavy, radio-friendly pop anthems and the art of critically credible, personal songwriting, James exudes a gracefully assured ease. Some artists name an album after themselves because they're stumped for another title. James grins at this suggestion. He says, "The album is self-titled because I feel like it's my first recording that really showcases the different sides of me as a musician. It's got everything from the mellow to the upbeat, to the somber to the unashamedly positive."

No comments: