Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

La Roux encourage phone sex in "Kiss & Not Tell"

La Roux paid homage to one of history's most durable industries and channels an '80s sex infomercial in the music video for her fun retro-disco song "Kiss And Not Tell," from British electro-pop sensation's chart-topping sophomore album, "Trouble in Paradise." The phone sex hotline has seen its share of ups and downs over the decades, but it remains an impact player in the pay-for-pleasure circuit after all these years. The sound of a human voice will never go out of style.
In keeping with her own brand of neon cool, La Roux focuses on the kitschy phones of the '80s for the video, which featuring every kind of telephone you can imagine, an impressive cadre of vintage phones in the shape of keyboard synthesizers, quirky hamburgers, miniature piano phone, and Full House–esque big red lips make appearances as a variety of anonymous heavy breathers steam up on the line with Elly Jackson of La Roux's phone operator. Both playful and upbeat, the video complements La Roux's vintage synth-driven sound and is a treat for fans of '80s infomercials.
Singing in a lower register and with more controlled tones than on La Roux's debut record, Jackson sounds like a different person on this song. "I wasn't just an angry young girl when I made the first album, I was f---ing FURIOUS," she laughed to Q magazine, "That's why I sang in a register only dogs could hear." So what changed? "I'm not in pain any more," Jackson replied. "The first album was all, 'Ohhh, you don't love me.' I would drive to Ben's studio in tears every day. It's different this time because I didn't have that ache to write - I'm not writing songs to say, 'Yeah, that's what I f---ing feel about you!' I'm writing about characters instead."
The Alexander Brown-directed colorful clip is impeccably styled, hitting all the right aesthetics as we see striking red-haired singer is the face of an erotic hotline as she plays the role as a late night television host, inviting viewers to call in to do some kissing without any telling. The number onscreen have the option to listen to the song, or leave a "cheeky" message in order to interact with other people and have a little "pleasure" of their own (phone sex). After some thinking about, people are convinced by La Roux, and shows us a male and a female reaching "ecstasy."

No comments: