Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Betty Who stays joyful in "Somebody Loves You"

Betty Who has a new colorful music video out for her anthem "Somebody Loves You," and no, you don't just have a major case of déjà vu. The 22-year-old Australian singer-songwriter, born Jessica Anne Newham, has simply remade the clip for "Somebody Loves You," which originally got a less-polished video treatment back in 2013. If you're one of the 10 million people who have watched the Home Depot surprise gay marriage proposal on YouTube, then you're already familiar with her breakout song.
"'Somebody Loves You' was originally a breakup song for me. I had written it initially about this guy I was dating, and he didn’t care about me as much as I did. I was writing the song to him like, 'Wait, I love you so much and you're not listening to me.' When we went back to record it, it was way more joyous and fun. Once I figured out what I was doing in my relationship, it all kind of opened up," Betty explained. "The message is either 'you hurt me' or 'let's get down in the club.' I wanted to write a song that would make people feel happy and that's where 'Somebody Loves You' comes from."
Betty's known for earworm hooks, cardio-friendly production, and her stadium-filling voice. Now makes New York her home base as she prepares to conquer the world with her own special brand of fun breezy bubblegum pop. "'Somebody Loves You' has been in my life for so long that I wanted to start fresh in some way and make it new and exciting for myself and everyone who's been a fan of the song since it came out," Betty said via email. "I wanted to make a video that captures the energy of the message of the song, which is about having fun, being joyful, and loving yourself, as well as falling in and out of love with other people."
The newly unveiled take is an even brighter, bolder and bubblier journey, stays faithful to the infectious fun (not to mention retro styling) of the original but amps up the dance-party factor by, like, a buh-jillion, as Betty and her faithful crew sport a bunch of fierce lewks and bounce along to the sound of her euphoric jam on the sidewalk. If people in the '80s had social media and YouTube, this is probably what a mall aerobics class-organized flash mob would've looked like. Like her upcoming tour BFF Katy Perry's "This Is How We Do," it's an über-colorful, purely joyous trip.

No comments: