Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Alicia Keys pleads for peace in "We Are Here"

Alicia Keys revealed an uplifting video on Facebook page for her powerful brand new song, "We Are Here," The pregnant songstress wants her child to grow up in a better world than the one we occupy now. Those feelings of world peace and equality spawned the meaningful lyrics to "We Are Here," a new song the R&B artist preaching about the need to rid the world of war, violence and discrimination. The clip is simple, with the focus on the inspirational anthem's message, as Keys pounds the ivories and sings about violent current events.
The stripped-down, piano driven track provides her with ample excuses to put her famous pipes through their paces. "The day I wrote this song, I was sitting in a circle of people of all ages and we were asked, 'Why are you here.' Why am I here?? This really hit me on a deep level. I realized no one had ever asked me that question before," explains Keys. "As I prepare to give birth to a new child, I can't help and think about the world I'm bringing my baby into. No matter where we come from, when we see the state of the world today, we can all feel the growing frustration and desire to make a difference. And we all have a voice - we just need to know how to make it heard."
"We Are Here" is a song with a beautiful message and Keys using music to heal and inspire amid the chaos in the world. Keys is inspired by her desire to make a difference and create a kinder and more peaceful world for ALL children. Keys is using her voice to reinforce her vision of an empowered global community in which all people are heard, respected, equal, and treated with dignity. She's rallying fans and challenging them to raise their voices for the causes they believe in - because real change begins with all of us. Keys said, "It's not about me, it's about WE. This is OUR world. And we are here."
Rocking her signature throwback braided and beaded hairstyle straight out of her "Fallin'" days, the Grammy-winning singer uses her voice to spark change and stands for peace, love, and unity on the marching anthem, while reflecting on the current global and political turmoil in Chicago, Israel, Gaza, and Nigeria. "Our souls were brought together so that we could love each other, brother/ We are here /We are here for all of us," Keys croons out on the power ballad from behind the piano on a rooftop overlooking her hometown of New York City in the empowering video.

No comments: