Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Lily Allen escaping reality in sunny "Air Balloon"

If you're looking for an escape from the endless winter, step right this way and let Lily Allen serve as your tour guide. The U.K. songstress experiences some equally surreal trips as in, she looks to be at one with the wildlife and hangs out with a zebra, straddles a cheetah and floats in space in a bizarre-but-really-fun video for her new sugar-sweet fun track "Air Balloon," the third single taken from Allen's upcoming third album, and serves as a follow up to her No.1 single "Somewhere Only We Know" and top 10 hit "Hard Out Here."
This tongue-in-cheek bubblegum pop tune is more of a loopy lullaby than a slice of social commentary with a nonchalant Allen singing, "Come meet me in the sky, I'll be waiting for you/ And we can't hear what they say/ Up in my air balloon, air balloon, air balloon." The sunny track, finds Allen singing about escaping reality over a toy piano arrangement, creaseless beat and offbeat Kurt Cobain shout-out partially from Swedish hitmaker Johann Shellback. The song has a distinctly summery vibe thanks to the outdoor setting and attire worn by the 28-year-old British star.
Speaking to Capital FM about the song, Allen said: "I suppose it's about escapism really, and daydreaming in a lot of ways. My husband is constantly infuriated with me, because he'll be talking to me when we're sitting down having dinner or something, and I'm looking at him, but I'm totally not paying any attention at all." The colorful number has that signature Allen "style" all of her songs have, a small dose of sarcasm. "If you thought the Bear and Hare was annoying, you won't want to watch this," the London singer also tweeted of the song, referring to her recent cover of Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know" for the John Lewis Christmas advert.
Filmed in Cape Town, South Africa, the That Go-directed video provides a perfect accompaniment to Allen's head-bobbing pop song with its snap-along beat. Allen doesn't actually take a ride in an air balloon, but the outspoken singer looking like a Coachella rave girl, is presented as a carefree hippy in the middle of an open grass field, singing the summery song, consists of rolling around in the wildlife and taking selfies with some local cheetahs, zebras and a few hippy people in vests. Soon, though, the singer is surrounded by giant magic mushrooms before floating through outer space with a huge crucifix.

No comments: