Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Jennifer Lopez goes back to roots in "Same Girl"

Jennifer Lopez go back to her roots and reminds us she's the "Same Girl" in her new nostalgic music video which was first premiered on American Idol. The new ballad will be featured in her upcoming 10th studio album rumored to be titled "The Bronx," scheduled for release this Spring. In 2002, Lopez reminded she was still 'Jenny From the Block' despite having chart-topping success and fame. That still applies over a decade later. She returns to her hometown of the Bronx, New York for her new video "Same Girl," and where she aims to prove she hasn't changed.
The songstress is not only back on American Idol, but back with new music as well! Co-written by Lopez in collaboration with Chris Brown and produced by Amadeus and Cory Rooney, the 44-year-old entertainer shared about new song: "This was just something I was doing for the fans. It's not a first single or anything like that. But the song is about getting back to your roots and remembering where you're from and I think we captured that in the video too." It's sounding like this tender ballad looking back to the star's roots on the streets of Brooklyn.
The video for "Same Girl," is an homage to the Nuyorican's roots as Lopez re-visited to her Castle Hill neighborhood in the Bronx, NY last December and filmed video with director Steven Gomillion & Dennis Leupold in the borough's Andrew Freedman Home. "I had this idea like, oh, when I do the video for [Same Girl], if I ever do a video for this, I'm gonna go back to my old neighborhood in the Bronx," Lopez said on The Tonight Show. "I'm gonna go back to Castle Hill, I'm gonna get on the train from Manhattan, I'm just gonna film the hole thing. So we did!"
Flaunting her most famous asset in tight jeans, and also wears stiletto ankle boots, a black leather jacket with a fur collar and a Yankees cap for a casual look, the judge of "American Idol" braves the rain in a deep gaze while waiting for a ride at a subway station for the 6 train, dancing in the rain underneath a subway platform and mugging in front of Bronx graffiti. And just to really make sure we see how authentic she is, Lopez sings, "'Cause I'm on the same grind, no I never changed, I'm loving everyday, I know that I'm the same Jenny from around the way now." Message received.

No comments: