Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, February 24, 2014

Cassadee Pope "I Wish I Could Break Your Heart"

Cassadee Pope breaks literal hearts in her Valentine's Day-themed visual for "I Wish I Could Break Your Heart," the second single and the follow-up to her breakthrough debut single "Wasting All These Tears," off her solo debut album "Frame by Frame." While "Wasting All These Tears" was a somber, country-pop ballad, Pope's latest subject matter isn't much happier and is another catchy pop/rocker right in Pope's wheelhouse. In this song, she's frustrated she can't return the hurt a lover bestows upon her, but she sounds much peppier.
In this country-rock mid-tempo, the former Hey Monday frontwoman laments she just can't be a bad girl. She's too sweet as she sings on the chorus "Well the truth is that I never ever wanna hurt you baby, but it'd be nice to know that I could... I wish I could break, I wish I could break your heart." In an interview with Radio.com earlier this year, Pope explained why she first gravitated to the song, co-penned by country songstress  Gordie Sampson, Ashley Monroe and Jon Green. "It's a positive song but its kind of got this snarky, interesting negative side. It's not make or break. It's not a heartbroken song where the world's going to end but it's a song about loving somebody."
"It's a great relationship; you're happy but you know that they could break you so easily and you feel so vulnerable. And you feel too weak compared to them and you wish if you could see if you could break them if they would fall apart. If they would fall to pieces. I think that's a really cool and honest lyric. It's an outside song and I just love what it says." Pope said the song is very similar to Faith Hill's 2002 hit, "Cry." "You just wish that that other person would feel a little more and you wish that you could almost make them cry, just to know that you have that power over them," she explained. "But, it's overall a very happy song. I love the silly, playful undertone that that song has."
In the Wes Edwards-directed video, 'The Voice' Season 3 champ looks beautiful in a variety of outfits while surrounded by glass hearts as she shakes things up channeling her inner Faith Hill with elegant costumes and the desire to make you cry. Pope gets her titular wish in the video that sees the Florida stunner singing in a series of Valentine's Day-themed sets. She even sings inside a jumbo electronic heart that looks like the type of thing Cher would pop out of on tour. By the video's end, she breaks an actual heart even though it's a dinky little glowing thing that shatters under her heel. Watch Pope wailing in a wedding dress below!

No comments: