Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Foster the People feel 80s life in 'Coming of Age'

The boys from Foster the People have premiered the '80s-inspired music video for their brand-new song "Coming of Age," the lead single from indie pop band's forthcoming sophomore studio album, "Supermodel" (out March 14th via Columbia), the follow-up to their 2011 smash debut "Torches." The band also created a time-lapse video of the mural's construction using "Coming of Age" as the music, as they telling stories of California kids struggling to fit in. From the Flock of Seagulls-like chiming guitars to the neon geometric shapes and dramatic motorcycle-ride-on-the-coast shots, the video looks and feels like a lost 1980s teen romance.
Formed in Los Angeles in 2009, The group is composed of Mark Foster, Cubbie Fink, and Mark Pontius. Their music was described as melodic dance-infused pop and rock, spans many genres. Co-written and co-produced by British music producer Paul Epworth, who worked with Adele on "Rolling In The Deep," "Coming of Age" was written with frontman Mark's social life as a background to the song, and finds Mark singing about a girl he has moved on from but just can't seem to do without: "I see you standing there like a rabid dog/ And you got those crying eyes/ Makes it want to surrender/ And wrap you in my arms."
Mark stated to XFM London: "Lyrically it is almost a confession. It is about a moment of clarity, having a moment of clarity and I think for me this year, being home, was that quiet after the storm of touring for two years and my life drastically changing. It was kind of the first breath I had to really look around and see that there were some things that happened during that period with my friends and with my loved ones, with the people that are close to me and with myself as well. It is the first time that I got a clear look on those things and that's kind of what the song is about. It's about growing up."
Directed by Vern Moen and Zachary Rockwood, the video showcases the LA Freewalls project and features time-lapse footage depicting the creation of a mural of the "Supermodel" cover. "We wanted to kind of capture the staple American past times, like classic Steve McQueen," Mark expressed to VH1. "The staple moments in the 70s and 80s that we thought kind of captured what America was in cinema. Those moments made us feel nostalgic about life." In clip, the band hone in on a distinct 80s vibe, the golden era for coming-of-age teen films. It splices together washed-out scenes of Mark and crew playing on a nondescript stage with various characters having a rough time. It's all stuff we can relate to in a very John Hughes way.

No comments: