Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Skylar Grey seeks revenge in "Final Warning"

After showing a more playful side with her Eminem-assisted single "C'mon Let Me Ride," Skylar Grey is one tough girl in her just-released dark and dramatic video for her appropriately titled catchy song, "Final Warning," the second single from the 27-year-old Wisconsin native's upcoming Eminem-executive produced major label debut album, "Don't Look Down," due in stores July 9 via Interscope Records. The haunting video puts a twist on the song's deadly-romance storyline as Grey plays a mistress in her lover's cross-hairs.
"This is the first time in my entire life of making music, when I made this song, where I feel like I finally figured out the way that I wanted to sound and the combination of things," Grey tells Rolling Stone about the song. "I wrote the song three years ago, and it's still my favorite. I've written so many songs since then, yet I always go back to this one. It got me going on the whole Skylar Grey project." Grey adds that the song was inspired by heartbreak. "I wrote it the same week I wrote 'Love the Way You Lie.' I was in a cabin in the woods in Oregon. It's inspired by the same tumultuous relationship behind 'Love the Way You Lie.'"
For "Final Warning," Grey gets back to her 'dark' sound. This is more like the Grey we first met. I honestly like this spooky ballad. And the video is amazing. It translates the message of the song really well. Love and family don't always mix. When relationships become inappropriate and lines get crossed, there's no telling what the outcome may be. The dark cinematic visual tells a complex storyline and shows a battered and bruised Grey returning from near death and appears at her family's home wanting to confess a dark secret about having an affair with her sister's boyfriend, but it only to be put through a near life ending ordeal as he tried to kill her. But it's Grey who will have the last laugh.
"The video for 'Final Warning' is totally different from the song," says Grey. "In the song you'd think I'm talking about my boyfriend cheating on me. But in the video I'm the mistress to this dude, who's married to another woman, and I'm mad that he married [her] instead of me." And to hide his infidelity, the "dude" then tries to murder Grey's character. "He wants to get rid of me so his whole life doesn't fall apart," she explains. "He botches the murder. Then I come back and confront him in front of his whole family at his birthday party. I come into the house, all muddy, because I came out of a ditch he threw me in after trying to murder me and not succeeding. I crash the party and everyone freaks out. Then he tries to finish me off for good."

No comments: