Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Melanie Fiona debut "This Time" ft. J. Cole

Soulful songstress Melanie Fiona serves up another helping of her sophomore studio album, "The MF Life" with the video for her latest radio banger, "This Time," featuring your favorite sideline story. The 28-year-old Canadian R&B/Soul singer opens her second studio album, "The MF Life," with this optimistic track, in which she leaves her anger at her heart being broken behind and embraces positivity instead.
In a press release, Fiona explained the album's title, "the 'MF' in the album title represents my initials, but it also gets at the many facets of myself as an artist and a young woman. It can be viewed as the 'Mighty Fine Life' in times of triumph and success, but also the 'Mother-F-ing Life' when I'm dealing with frustration or misfortune. I celebrate both. I feel it would be dishonest if everything was all about glitz and glamour. It's about the balance of life, the yin and the yang, the good and the bad, all of that." Its music expands on the classicist R&B influences of Fiona's 2009 debut album "The Brdige," and its songs deal with themes of aggrievement, longing, and romantic triumph.
The song features Fiona's Roc Nation label mate J. Cole. After the pair both worked on "Beautiful Bliss," a track on Wale's debut album "Attention Deficit," the pair became friends and talked about doing a song together. "I wanted some male energy on this record," Fiona said. "I reached out to Cole and we had already done a song with Wale ['Beautiful Bliss'] and we all just really had great chemistry on the record. I was a fan of J. Cole. We met at the very, very beginning of his career, so we've kind of come up together."
Fiona and rapper also team up and come together for a brand new visual for a sexy and romantic duet of sorts with their new hit collabo "This Time." Directed by Colin Tilley, and shot in Los Angeles, the brand new video really gives fans a visual to the heart-felt and sensual lyrics of this track. Check out the two whose sound is undeniable together. Fiona explained, "I wanted this video to be really beautiful with really good elements of photography, and great angles I wanted people to get a vibe for me. Now they have it thanks to director Colin Tilley."

No comments: