Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Blake Shelton wins "Over" the woman he loves

Blake Shelton falls in love with a brunette in a just-released music video for his newest single "Over," the fourth single from his sixth studio album "Red River Blue." Leading to its video premiere on CMT Friday, a special four-part webisode series was released to give fans a humorous glimpse at what goes into making a music video. In this new video, things start to heat up when the house Shelton's in is suddenly set on fire!
The mid tempo tune doesn't really fit Shelton's style or personality, but his performance is soaked in emotion, and as usual, he proves to be among the top vocalists in the genre. Lyrically, the Paul Jenkins and David Elliott Johnson-penned cut fails to send one’s imagination into overdrive like a great song should. It’s an extraordinary recording of an ordinary song. It's a safe choice for album that features some edgier and arguably better material.
Johnson explained that he wrote this song for his father in homage. "I wrote the song in an effort to reach my father through the medium we were both cursed by, music," he explained. "It is in our blood, our hearts, in our breath, in everything we do. The song's opening line, If I could, I would dare, feed your dreams and starve your fears, was the most personal line I'd ever written. It was the truth. The chorus, Tell me what I have to do to win you over, was one of the more painful I'd every written."
The song is about a man pleading to know what he has to do to win over the woman he loves. And the video itself illustrates the burn inside with a literal fire–which was set in the desert during sundown. The 36-year-old-to-be Oklahoma country music star is playing with fire in this new "Over" video, which was directed by his longtime collaborator Roman White. The singer joked, "I've used Roman a bunch of times, and I've never won video of the year. That's why I don't feel bad trashing Roman." Walking through the desert and setting a house on fire, Shelton sings his heart out with raging fire surrounding him, while the woman of his affection is miles away.

No comments: