Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Maroon 5 only stays with love "One More Night"

Maroon 5 have unleashed a music video in support of their latest single "One More Night." It follows frontman Adam Levine as a father of one who works a grueling schedule as a boxer. One night after a big fight which he won, he goes home with battered face only to find out that his family has left. The the catchy reggae-drenched tune is the lead-off track and second single from pop rock band's just-released dance-heavy new album, "Overexposed." Kicking off with a reggae-style guitar on "One More Night," the album starts on a subtle yet sharp note.
It is a pop song, with a reggae beat infused into the percussion, giving the song a more dancey feel. Lyrically, the song is built upon the idea of the quintessential push and pull between what the heart, mind and body want, which are usually opposing things. The song is erected on a thumped out beat, in addition to Levine's signature falsetto, where he tosses off lyrics about not getting along with (or being able to untangle himself from) his lady love, and hoping he only stays with her just 'one more night.'
"One More Night" is not a dance floor anthem, it's certainly a bouncy, reggae-flecked midtempo with a chorus that feels reassuringly familiar that's sure to inspire sing-alongs. "I do love the lyrics," Levine said of the song. "The metaphor that we spoke of earlier, a relationship between two people, sometimes when it's not going so well, it feels like a battle. Like a boxing match." Levine wins a big fight, but it no longer matters when he returns home and finds out that the people he loves dearly have left.
Things don't end too well for our hero, whose wife ends up leaving him, and their romance is not of the fairy-tale variety. But Levine’s still grateful Kelly showed up in the first place. The music video is directed by "Battleship" helmer Peter Berg. "Just go with It" babe-alicious actress Minka Kelly plays Levine's love interest. "I play a heartbreaker, I guess," she said in the clip. "I do very bad things... but necessary." To prepare for the fight scene, the frontman got a training he'll never forget. He said, "I got the guy who was training me. He hit me, and it hurt."

No comments: