Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Patrick Wolf Enjoys Home Comforts In "House"

British singer Patrick Wolf returns with a new video for the bubbly synth-pop ditty "House," the third single from his forthcoming fifth LP, "Lupercalia," is his strongest yet and will drops on June 20th. A mix of awe and anxiety, "Lupercalia" is the sound of a man coming to terms with who he is, and who he wants to be. "House" is featuring the joy and pain of love and blends soaring melodies and heartfelt lyrics with a pop sensibility, that's as happy being performed stripped down as it is with a big band.
The 27-year-old multi-instrumentalist is so unabashedly unique. Each one of his four albums so far has been unlike anything else I've ever heard, very distinctly him yet also distinct from each other. "I see this world living in black and white, I'm thinking about trying to make people feel again with music. There's so many forgotten and secret things in the world that I want people to know about, and if I can be a vessel for those things, just for one little moment of somebody's life, then I'm going to do that through my performance, through my visual as well, because it's all communication that shouldn't be wasted," he stated.
Wolf has been cutting a happier figure of late, with all the tracks thus far revealed from "Lupercalia" deals with love and relationships and demonstrating a new-found contentment with life. "It's in awe of the complexities of love -- love isn't simple, and as you get older you become more aware of the complex emotions, you have more sorrow and you have more happiness and you have more knowledge about yourself. You need a more complex type of love." The video for "House" elaborates on the lyrical themes of contentment in a home with a lover, as exotic plants take over his "paradise garden."
The Andy Bruntel-directed video was filmed in Los Angeles in April. As Wolf wore a bespoke "Rousseau" suit designed by luxury fashion house, Alexander McQueen, the video has an uplifting premise, much like the song. Wolf walks around performing the jaunty song in a house, as plants and tropical animals, such as lizards, toucans and monkeys make their way slowly overtake the place, sunlight filling every room. Despite the novelty of such events, Wolf doesn't seem too excited about the whole thing, instead choosing to brood, iron some laundry, and hang out in bed. Maybe it's just another day in the life of this musical prodigy.

No comments: