Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Chris Tomlin Debuts Video For "I Lift My Hands"

After releasing his seventh record "And If Our God Is For Us..." last November, contemporary Christian artist Chris Tomlin partnered up with iTunes to release his brand new music video (His first in five years) for his inspirational "I Lift My Hands," the latest single off the new album, which is a major seller in the Christian genre. Be prepared for an emotional viewing experience, as the stories portrayed in this video are incredibly touching!
Co-written by Tomlin, Matt Maher and Louie Giglio, "I Lift My Hands" is a typical title one would expect on a worship album, Tomlin clarified that these lyrics were coming from a different place. "I think the song is really saying that it's one thing to lift our hands in celebration and lift our hands in the triumph and in the victory." The influential worship leader pointed out one of the main phrases in the song, "let faith arise," and described, "Let faith arise in us as we lift our hands to God, as we stretch out our hands to God in hope, as we cry out to Him."
Following the first hit single "I Will Follow," "I Lift My Hands" has been on the radio for just a few weeks now, and has already been picked up by over 54 stations, climbing the top 20 on the National Christian Audience Chart. Ten years since the debut of his first album, the world renowned songwriter has plenty more to be thankful for, with two gold albums, three Grammy nominations, and 16 Dove Awards under his belt, and now with his latest album garnering much buzz. Explaining the significance of album's title, the 39-year-old said, "The dot dot dot is pretty important to me because it kind of leaves the sentence open-ended. What I want people to see [is] that if that's true, then everything is possible."
The new video for "I Lift My Hands,"is already topping the iTunes charts, currently ranked fourth out of 100, above Jennifer Lopez's "On The Floor" and Justin Bieber's "That Should Be Me." I hope it encourages you in the triumphs and victory of life and even more so in the midst of the pain and struggles. Having recently wrapped up a largely sold-out spring tour, the successful Texas native will soon be on the road for the summer festival circuit. Additionally, this fall, Tomlin and Giglio will return to the "And If Our God Is For Us..." Tour for an extended season of 18 shows.

No comments: