Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Alela Diane Spends A Lonely Night In "Desire"

Alela Diane has an exclusive premiere video on Spinner for her latest single "Desire," taken from Diane & Co.'s latest, self-titled record, "Alela Diane & Wild Divine," is available now via Rough Trade. The 28-year-old Diane is a homebody by nature. The Portland, Oregon-based, California-bred folk musician, though traveled the world over, is most at peace within audible range of a crackling fire and her cat's paws padding across the wood floors of her creaky Victorian residence.
Diane's latest single, "Desire," tells a heartache story that's common in music, only she does it with her unique, gentle touch. With a subtle Wurlitzer piano echoing each chord followed by a snare rim-click, "Desire" is an emotionally charged tune with a straightforward message: anyone can be overcome by their urges. "The song is about a woman I know who shall remain anonymous... It's not about me," the singer tells Spinner. "We shot the video in the Soho area of London. The close-up shots were filmed on a rooftop three roofs down from where Elton John allegedly wrote 'Your Song.'"
The new video for the song features Diane tells the story of a girl who's "lookin' like it's in a '90s-era get-up, complete with a sequined shirt, big black boots and red lipstick, wandering the streets of Soho as she walks through London and sits alone at a bar. For the bar scenes, Diane didn't opt for having iced tea stand in for booze. "I rarely drink whiskey, but I drank a little for the bar scene," she says. "I passed off what I couldn't handle to my husband, Tom."
After hunkering down and sufficiently nesting, with a wedding to bassist-turned-guitarist Tom Bevitori to seal the deal, the intensive tunesmithing commenced. Having found herself poised at a newly-acquired piano, Diane's words were fastidiously chosen and chords repeatedly changed, and all with utmost intention. Most of the lyrics were of borne of her sole observations, those concerning life, death and the unknown, but for the first time, she began co-writing with Tom; the tenderness of this situation is obvious. The song like "Desire" showcase the collaborative efforts of the couple.

No comments: