Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Whitney Houston Returns With "I Look To You"

Whitney Houston, turned 46 this month, is officially back, after self-imposed 7-year hiatus, or at least that's what she and her record label want you to believe. But finally, she’s put out a her 6th full length studio new album, "I Look To You", arrives in stores and digital retailers today. Has the comeback queen recaptured her glory days?
It’s been 7 years since 2002’s "Just Whitney" was released. While that was billed as her big comeback, it turned out to be her worst selling album ever. So then, does "I Look To You" live up to everything promised this time around? But her much-hyped new album, is a collaboration with music mogul Clive Davis, and features ditties from the likes of Akon, R. Kelly and Alicia Keys. And, phew, the reviews look good.
Her first mainstream single "Million Dollar Bill" is an Alicia Keys-penned joyride with friendly basslines and on-point lyrics that remind us of who Whitney really was. The songs "Nothin' But Love" and "Call You Tonight" swoop you into a melodic trance that cry for a second listen. And the title track "I Look To You" joins a Diane Warren penned song "I Didn't Know My Own Strength" as the two to watch on this CD. Whitney Houston doesn't cover the pop classic "I Will Survive" on her new album. But themes of strength, challenge and triumph are laced throughout the songs on disc.
Over 170 Million albums sold worldwide, 6 Grammys, 2 Emmys and is the “Most awarded female artist of all time” according to the Guinness Book of World Records, it’s no wonder why people are excited about this album. The album is getting mostly strong reviews so far from critics, and was well reviewed and topped both the Amazon and iTunes sales charts on day one. Whitney Houston asks fans to "love me like I never left." There's a live appearance for Houston on “Good Morning America” tomorrow and an interview with Oprah on Sept 14.

No comments: