Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pete Yorn &Scarlett Johansson|"Relator"(Video)

The official sepia-soaked music video “Relator” from indie dreamboat Pete Yorn and singer/actress Scarlett Johansson has made its worldwide debut exclusively on Yahoo Music last Wednesday. “Relator” is the lead single from their new collaborative upcoming album "Break Up" due Sept. 15 via Atco/Rhino, which is a deeply emotive yet hook-filled duets album concerns itself with two lovers putting their tumultuous relationship into song, features 8 original songs penned by Pete, and one cover of “I Am The Cosmos” by Chris Bell of ‘70s band Big Star.
The duo recorded the album of duets back in 2006, before 24-year-old award winning actress 1st crossed-over into the music scene for her debut album "Anywhere I Lay My Head," an LP of Tom Waits covers. The album was heavily inspired by the late ’60s French pop stylings of Serge Gainsbourg and actress/sexpot Brigitte Bardot. The lyrics are powerful enough to impact you, but the singer has to give off some feeling.
Yorn and Johansson harmonize together perfectly, singing over a rock acoustic produced track. Johansson looks stunning in this sexy new video, she's seen sitting close to Pete while they are lingering on the bed, and puts her head on Pete's shoulder.
“The idea was of two people vocalizing their relationship through duets,” Johansson told Parade. “I always thought of it as just a small project between friends. It perfectly captured where I was in my life at the time.” And Johansson certainly does her best impression to emulate the gorgeous model's infamous pout. It seems like she isn't letting her music career fall to the wayside as she continues working on films.

No comments: