Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Black Eyed Peas Top US And UK Singles Charts With "I Gotta Feeling"

The Black Eyed Peas is an American four-piece hip hop/pop group based in LA, who have broken a new record after scoring the longest successive stay at the top of the US Billboard Hot 100 singles chart with 17 straight weeks(12 with the single "Boom Boom Pow" and 5 for "I Gotta Feeling") in total by a duo or group. Both singles come off their 5th new studio album "The E.N.D."(Energy Never Dies) The record was previously held by Boyz II Men, who had 16 weeks at the top spot. As for the longest consecutive number one by a solo artist, that record is taken by Usher, who enjoyed 19 straight weeks on top of the charts.
The LA-based quartet have also knocked JLS's "Beat Again" off the top of the UK's Official Singles Chart with their latest release "I Gotta Feeling", matching their same accomplishment in the US.

The official music video was released on June 2 on Dipdive and on June 16 on iTunes. The video first starts out with some scenes in Hollywood Blvd. Then it shows will.i.am combing his hair and Fergie putting on makeup wearing lingerie. It also shows Taboo and apl.de.ap getting ready for the party. Then it cuts to the party as the first verse starts. In the uncensored version, two woman are kissing at the two minute mark, at which point the lyrics "Let's take it...off!" are heard, and a hand grabs the top of the dress of one of the women, and pulls it down, exposing her breasts. All members of the Black Eyed Peas are shown dancing. Later, they are dancing with their faces and hands painted with phosphorescent paint. The video ends with a large sign with human-sized letters that reads "The E.N.D."

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I really like "Boom Boom Pow", it's really catchy. But I'm disappointed with "I Gotta Feeling" - I don't think it's very good.

Kevin Z. Rong said...

Thanks for the comment, Lucy!
Yeah, I agree with you about "I Gotta Feeling", and just surprised the song went 17 weeks on top chart.