Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

"G.I. Joe" Wins Global Box Office With $100M

First "Star Trek," then "Transformers 2," and now the team of Paramount and game maker Hasbro action figure toy line proved again that toys are serious business at the box office. "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" went on to dominate the world by topping out over $100 million around the globe on its opening weekend for one of the best August debuts ever, albeit the smallest one.
The film not only exceeded expectations, overcame bad buzz and scathing reviews, and has also blown away the competition and stands tall to win the opening weekend with earning $56.2 million in the States, and grabbing another $44 million for a worldwide total of over $100 million in three days! According to THR, the film is still scheduled to debut in about 28 more foreign territories, including key markets, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, and Scandinavia.
"G.I. Joe" stars Channing Tatum and Marlon Wayans as two young soldiers recruited by the international G.I. Joe military force to help save the world. It was directed by Stephen Sommers of "The Mummy" fame. Given the wide awareness of the brand, fans were underwhelmed by a trailer that premiered in February during the Super Bowl football championship, the most-watched television event of the year in the US.
“This is a very strong opening,” critics who went to see "G.I. Joe" after it opened gave it mixed reviews at best, with many branding it mindless action but some finding it fun and entertaining. Looks like Steven Sommers will get his sequel after all. Be sure to check back next week to see if G.I. Joe can hold off the invasion of "District 9."

No comments: