Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Friday, October 24, 2014

Mighty Oaks Celebrate Love In "Just One Day"

Mighty Oaks just put out a great music video to one of the songs from their new EP, "Just One Day." The Berlin-based multinational indie folk trio, comprised of Ian Hooper (US), Claudio Donzelli (Italy), and Craig Saunders (UK), everything that determines this band is already laid out in their name: the timelessness and vastness, the greatness and strength and melancholy. Three young men, from three countries, combining three part harmonies, resulting in one unique sound.
Mighty Oaks write honest, authentic and emotionally driven songs with acoustic guitars and mandolins at the center of their sound, layers of electric guitars creating space and depth, which is rounded off through solid bass lines and the heartbeat of a simple drum. Over that comes the melancholy but hopeful lyrics, which often draw their inspiration from the Pacific Northwest, the birthplace of Hooper that celebrate tales of love, loss and the beauty of all that surrounds. The group's tight, three-part harmonies and effusive, largely acoustic-driven folk anthems have drawn comparisons to bands like the Lumineers, Fleet Foxes, and American Authors.
Their debut studio EP "Just One Day," provides a good taster of what's to come. The resulting "Just One Day" drew rave regional reviews, and was followed by the group's debut long-player, the Universal-issued "Howl." I can’t imagine a more perfect hold-onto-summer song than "Just One Day." Then again, the entire "Just One Day" EP is fitting for this time of year. It has a very nostalgic feel to it. Intricately layered folk, stacked up until it reaches epic heights.
Director by Paul Gerwien, the music video for "Just One Day," find the indie folk trio traveling while singing: "And it's a big old world we live in now/ And how mighty it can be.../ And all this time I pictured you standing next to me/ So we could go find things we've never seen..." Listen to this happy tune and read on as you wish. The truth is, I haven't heard in anything in quite some time that has moved me to want to share, to need to share. That bums me out. I assume it's my frame of mind. Music and introspection go hand-in-hand for me and my life has been on fast forward.

No comments: