Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Gwen Stefani pines about love in "Baby don't lie"

Did you see the sneak peek last night? Here's the whole thing and it's definitely an explosion of color. Nothing but style for Gwen Stefani. "I'm really into pink right now, which is weird because I did pink back in the day with my hair. Each time I'm cocooned, each time I transform into a new chapter, I do pink," Stefani said recently during a New York Fashion Week interview. After breaking out of her solo career's eight-year hibernation with her synth-driven new pop song "Baby Don't Lie," Stefani has shared that track's colorful music video. The catchy new single "Baby Don't Lie," is Stefani's first new solo track in eight years, and the singer co-wrote the midtempo, beat-heavy cut with producers Benny Blanco, Noel Zancanella, and Ryan Tedder, and finds her pleading with a love who has presumably done her wrong. "Baby don't, baby don't, baby don't lie/ I don't wanna cry no longer," she croons. The infectious new track, finds the No Doubt frontwoman stretching out her voice to an emphatic hiccup over buzzing synths and rattling heavy drums, is the lead single from the "Hollaback Girl" singer's as-yet-untitled third solo album, the long-awaited follow-up to 2006's "The Sweet Escape." Stefani explores romantic subject matter on the rhythmically driven track. "I need a love that's stronger," she sings on the chorus to a lover who seems to be distancing himself, "If we ever give up, then we're gonna die," as Stefani pines about love and the scary potential of losing it while begging for honesty with near-panicked yelps over synthesizers that only heighten her anxiety. The singer reteams with director Sophie Muller who sets Stefani and her dancers against a colorful smattering of green-screened backgrounds not too far removed from the single artwork. The comeback visual is a glitchy, technicolor mess, and the ensuing it sees her lazily strutting through a low-resolution land of colorful patterns and shapes. When they rewind it back, some of that color seeps into the black-and-white imagery that kicks off the clip. A play on 'The Wizard of Oz,' the video stars a wildly polygonal yellow brick road, an army of dancers and mountains of reoccurring Stefani patterns like bold black-and-white stripes, houndstooth and plenty of pink with the scenes where she's walking on the wet street with a few of her girlfriends.

No comments: