Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, October 20, 2014

Meiko Pining After Desired Love In "Be Mine"

Meiko may have launched her journey as a singer-songwriter by playing small coffee shops in California, but her voice feels so cozy and sounds so familiar - like a long lost friend singing body swaying melodies at a beach bonfire, and with an international tour in the rearview and her just-released third full-length "Dear You," follows Meiko's acclaimed 2012 release "The Bright Side," which climbed to No.1 on the iTunes Singer-Songwriter chart, as the buoyant hit single "Stuck on You" garnered the attention of influential tastemakers worldwide and found numerous placements in film and on television.
Fortunately for longtime fans, Meiko has maintained an affinity for honest, conversational lyrics. The eleven songs on "Dear You" consist primarily of her private, unsent letters. "I like writing letters: love letters, pissed-off letters, breakup letters," she said in a recent press statement. "Call me passive-aggressive, but it's easier to write someone a letter than actually confront them in person." While writing letters can be an outlet for overwhelming feelings, Meiko says she rarely sends them. Instead, she prefers to turn those feelings into songs, a process that became the basis for her "Dear You" album.
"Dear You"'s decidedly darker tone is, in many ways, the flipside to the sunnier disposition fans found on "The Bright Side." Longing, betrayal, heartbreak and reprisal are intimately acknowledged and explored here, supported by Meiko’s increasingly stripped down, sophisticated songwriting. Meiko professes, "It's not all candy and roses, but sometimes you just need the grit and that's exactly how I imagined 'Dear You' being completely confessional. It was good for my soul and I'm happy to finally let it out into the world."
"Be Mine," her new album's glistening first single, is an honest admission and plea to a lover. The mid-tempo, guitar-driven song with Meiko's crystalline sweet voice across the top. The song is a confessional track that finds her pining after desired love. "I take a sip of the bottle, it's my remedy," she sings. "And I know that it is a problem; I am dealing with it on the daily." Now, Meiko has released the music video for "Be Mine," and in it, Meiko says that the song is about needing a shag, since she was missing her long-distance boyfriend when she wrote it. We're lovin' her breathy-sexy-kitten-like voice.

No comments: