Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Lana Del Rey Plays A Bride In "Ultraviolence"

Lana Del Rey's "Ultraviolence" video is nothing like what Stanley Kubrick or "A Clockwork Orange" author Anthony Burgess, who coined the term the singer used for the title of this song and her album, could have dreamed up. Instead, it's an innocuous bridal fantasy, in which Del Rey wanders around outside in a low-cut wedding dress trudging through the woods, wistfully and sensually singing the lyrics to her track. The soft-focus lighting and the 29-year-old singer carries a look that suggest her thoughts are in some distant place, and the visual has a grainy look it and gives off a haunting and eerie vibe.
The laconic, string-laden torch song finds Del Rey exploring the close distance between love and pain. Far from just a casual "A Clockwork Orange" reference, the ultraviolence that Del Rey is singing about is between a husband and wife, and many feel that lines like, "He hit me and it felt like a kiss" serve to glorify domestic battery. The violins, lightly thumping drums and Del Rey's angelic singing gave the song a church-y feel, pointing out that the track presented her title sound.
The song's eerie, controversial title was inspired by Del Rey's connection to the seemingly conflicting emotions of aggression and softness. She explained: "I like that luxe sound of the word 'ultra' and the mean sound of the word 'violence' together. I like that two worlds can live in one." "I like a physical love," Del Rey added. "I like a hands-on love. [Pauses.] How can I say this without getting into too much trouble? I like a tangible, passionate love. For me, if it isn't physical, I'm not interested."
The Francesco Corrozzini-directed direct clip was shot entirely on the iPhone in soft-focus colors and appears to capture the singer's dream state, in its depiction of Del Rey wandering down an overgrown path that's maybe meant to symbolize a long, long walk to a groom? However, on the way to the alter, the enigmatic songstress does stop to suck on an orange and the fingers of a male companion, which almost looks like an orgasmic experience for Del Rey. When she arrives to the alter, no one is in the church except her, leaving her to have one sad wedding day. Poor Lana.

No comments: